Re: Wanted: software engineer for SFI agent-based financial simulator

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Wanted: software engineer for SFI agent-based financial simulator
Date: 01 Nov 2000 12:22:52 -0800

ST> this job looks like a nice fit for my interests and possibly for my
ST> skills.  (Though the way it's worded it sounds a bit like they're
ST> looking for a 20-year-old single guy with no life ...)

Or gal... I would guess the position would require a lot of
responsibility and attention and that they will be selective.
`Clever' won't do.  Doyne will have good and diverse advisors.

I would say is that it would be a mistake for a person to apply for
this job thinking they could minimize personal involvement in the
position's stated purpose.

(I'm *not* saying this to you, or implying anything, I'm just saying
it to the list since it turns out I'm posting this..)

ST> Might you try for this job yourself, if we can't swing more JWAC or other
ST> funding for Swarm?

Not even the slightest chance.