non-java neuro (or java swarm?)

From: Jonathan Impett
Subject: non-java neuro (or java swarm?)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:22:52 +0000

Having successfully got swarm 2.0 up and running under irix 6.5, <without java> (I still don't understand why, but it always gave up on defobj, with a stream of errors and bad casts in fcall_objc; if that had worked I guess my present question wouldn't have arisen), and now I'm trying to work with NeuroLib and Breeder.
    NeuroLib makes OK, but when it gets to the demo, it fails at linking with Javalibs (presumably because my non-java swarm has ignored them). I can force a make by deleting "{swarm_JAVASWARMLIBS}" from the SWARM_LDADD line in /etc/config.swarm, but then the demo doesn't quit cleanly, and presumably this is symptomatic of other horrors that might be in store.
    Any suggestions regarding either aspect of my predicament?
Thanks,
Jonathan

--

Jonathan Impett
Faculty of Music

tel: (+44) (0)1954 250192
address@hidden
  ================================== Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day to day usage of Swarm. For list administration needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to with "help" in the body of the message.