Re: 2nd Swarmfest 2000 Call for Participation

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: 2nd Swarmfest 2000 Call for Participation
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:40:11 -0600

address@hidden wrote:

> Dear Swarm Community members,
>
>      If you are planning on attending this Swarmfest 2000, please register
> as soon as possible as we would like to get an accurate head count for
> preparing conference materials (CDs, Tshirts and Proceedings).
>
> Thank you,
> --Irene Lee
>   Swarm Development Group

Dear Irene

Do you have me signed up?  I'm going to be there.

There was one group, I think Glen was the leader (?) preparing a panel
about repetition of simulations. I think he had me in there to represent
Drone.

If there is an open 20 minute slot, I would like to give a talk about my
research project called "Opinion Formation and the Resilience of
Diversity."  That is a project that I've been working on about 6 months,
on and off. I have a paper that presented the first attempt, which is
called "Protests, Elections, and Other Forms of Political Contagion,"
and it is online here:
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/ResearchPapers/APSA99/APSA99-2.html

Please tell me what other info you might need in order to schedule that.

I hope your enrollments will be good.

Perhaps the year after we should think about a Swarmfest up here in
Kansas? If you already scheduled next year, then the year after.  Check
with the people in charge, let me know, I'll contact KU's convention
office and see if they erect any impossible barriers.