leak detection

From: Ralf Stephan
Subject: leak detection
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:32:52 +0100

Hello,

okay I give up, 'top' shows a memory leak in my simulation, grabbing
~20k every few hundred steps.  First, I put all agents in one grid,
as suggested.  Then, I printed out all objects at different times,
and compared them, but that was alright.  Last, I tried to compile
swarm with the memwatch library but this proved impossible - for me
at least.

What do experienced people do in such situations, except banging
their head at the code?

Thanks in advance,
ralf
--