GNUstep and gdb

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: GNUstep and gdb
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:34:31 -0500

Been watching gnustep? I have.  I'm thinking of using some of their
collections classes in a swarm program, just for the hell of it.  After
our recent discussion of setIndexFromMemberLoc:, it seems like the least
I can do.

Anyway, reading the GNUSTEP install material, I saw a reference to an
Objective C patch for gdb-4.17. Here in swarm world, the last we heard
of was a patch for 4.16. From this document:

ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/GNUstep-HOWTO
1. Uncompress GDB, and patch it:
       cd /usr/src
       tar fvxz gdb-4.17.tar.gz
       gunzip gdb-4.17-objc-unoff-980505.patch.gz
       cd gdb-4.16
       patch -p1 < ../gdb-4.17-objc-unoff-980505.patch

I think the second to last line is a typo.

Before I go to the trouble to compile this bastard (I'll build an rpm,
actually) I wonder if anybody has feedback about it.

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn