Window positioning of multiple probes with same name

From: tking
Subject: Window positioning of multiple probes with same name
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:11:31 -0600

I am working with a team that is developing a system simulation
that requires a variable number of probes.  The user can select how
many probes to generate from the ModelSwarm window.  Then,
that number of  probes are generated and displayed on the
desktop.  Everything works now.

Our problem is that we need to be able to save each probe
display position after moving them on the desktop so they don't
overlap.  I am using the command

CREATE_ARCHIVED_PROBE_DISPLAY (self);

in the .m file for the probe (and also in ObserverSwarm.m).  This
puts the position in the .swarmArchiver file, but it only saves the
x,y positon of the last created probe.  We only want to have one
probe file and call it x-number of times.  How can I generate
multiple probes and save their positions on the desktop without
having to have a separate probe name (i.e. objects) for each one.
We are using Swarm-2.0.

Also, I've noticed that the .swarmArchiver file doesn't appear to
allow appending as did the one in version 1.4.1  Is this the case or
am I accessing it incorrectly?

Thomas King
Physical Scientist
PSL/NMSU