Disappearing ProbeMap and non-functioning controlPanel

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: Disappearing ProbeMap and non-functioning controlPanel
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:46:00 -0700

I have added a parameters object to my extremely simple model. I think the parameters object will make it easier to do multiple runs in the future. I am subclassing from Arguments and using the "initSwarmArguments(argc, argv, [Parameters class]);" instruction. It seems to work fine.

Now, I want to add a probeMap and controlPanel. I got a probeMap to compile and run, but it only displays for an instant before disappearing. I tried a few different approaches to solving this with no effect.

So, I plodded ahead and added:

[controlPanel setStateStopped];
// Check now if the user hit the quit button: if so, abort.
if([controlPanel getState]==ControlStateQuit) return 0;

Now I get the error:

gcc -c -Wno-import -g -O2 -fno-inline -I/Swarm-1.3.1/packages/swarm/include Parameters.m
Parameters.m: In function `_i_Parameters__init':
Parameters.m:81: `controlPanel' undeclared (first use this function)
Parameters.m:81: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
Parameters.m:81: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [Parameters.o] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

I have looked at some examples that use the controlPanel and I couldn't figure out what else I need to add.

As I said, the model is extremely simple right now. It just creates the agents and prints their contents.

1. What do I need to get the probeMap to continue to display?

2. What do I need for the controlPanel to work?

Darren

Darren Schreiber
Attorney at Law
Graduate Student