Re: SWARM Boids + Vector/Point class in GUI?

From: Eric Werk
Subject: Re: SWARM Boids + Vector/Point class in GUI?
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 13:31:38 +0200

Hi Paul,

I have applied Marcus' diff (thanks Marcus!) and made explicit casts
to avoid the problem you mentioned:

Paul Johnson wrote:

> I was interested to learn about your boids!  Got the tarball, during
> compile on RedHat 6 I got just this one warning:
> Polygon.m:24: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a cast
> Boid.m:113: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a cast

If it still crashes (it shouldn't have done that in the first place!)
please let me know!

Question:
Does SWARM need a Vector or Point class in the gui library?

Should the Polygon class be extended with methods implementing Tk
polygon basics:
- setFillColor: (Color) c;
- setOutlineColor: (Color) c;
- setSmooth; // Bezier curve
- unsetSmooth; // or setAngular?, opposite of previous
- setSplinesteps: (int) number; // sets the smoothness of a Bezier curve
- setWidth: (double) outlineWidth; // sets the width of the outline
- setStipple: (char *) bitmap;
// Indicates that the polygon should be filled in a stipple pattern;
// bitmap specifies the stipple pattern to use, in any of the forms
// accepted by Tk_GetBitmap. If bitmap is an empty string (the default),
// then filling is done in a solid fashion. [from man canvas]

(I should be studying for my exams right now, but I consider making
these improvements relaxation...)

Sone of these should be moved furthur up the class chain. What do ya'all
think?

/Eric

PS Does this mail belong in a swarm-devel list?