Re: trendline fit

From: Matt Aylward
Subject: Re: trendline fit
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 11:21:57 +0800

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

TP> I'm looking for a solution for fitting a trendline (an equation of
TP> the form y=ax+b) on a set of (x,y) pairs. Any library would do,
TP> the problem is that I don't know any (I haven't done it
TP> before).

TP> It would be nice if it was in some kind of C, and easy to use.

I lost the original of this message, hence the `reply to reply'.
I have found GSL, the "Gnu Scientific Libraries " useful for lots of math problems. i am not sure if they do trendlines but it is very likely that they do. See:

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/gsl/

Oh, it is is C too.
Cheers,
Matt

--
Matt Aylward:  or
         Linux Lover - OS for the people by the people.