Re: install graph-1.4.1

From: Gary Polhill
Subject: Re: install graph-1.4.1
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:15:42 +0100

Magda Fontana wrote:

> Thank you Gary,
>
> I have got both...and I want to install the graph library.
>
> I am sorry my previous message wasn't clear enough..
>
> I have unzipped the code and saved it in a folder.  I suppose I have to
> tell swarm to make and install the new library...but how?

To atone for my earlier mistake, I have tried to do this on my NT machine.

After downloading and unzipping graph-1.4.1, I did a "make" in the
graph-1.4.1 directory. The compiler complained about not being able to
see the header files. So I make the following modifications:

DiGraph.m, DiGraphNode.m: Replace <> around graph.h in #import with "
(i.e. #import <graph.h> becomes #import "graph.m")

graph.h: First three lines now look like this:

#import "graph/DiGraph.h"
#import "graph/DiGraphNode.h"
#import "graph/DiGraphLink.h"

Then I did a make, and this created libgraph.a

My guess is libgraph.a should be copied to $SWARMHOME/lib. You'll need
the include files too. This means changing them back to what they were
before! (i.e. #import "XXX.h" now reverts to #import <XXX.h>) This is
an educated guess, but I think you should copy graph.h to $SWARMHOME/include,
create a directory $SWARMHOME/include/graph, and copy the remaining header
files there. I don't have any example code using the graph library to
test this, but I think that it what is intended. If you're a Swarm
know-it-all, then you probably know the right directory to unzip the source
to so you don't have to do any editting and the Makefile works fine.

Hope this helps, anyway.

Gary

--

Macaulay Land Use Research Institute, Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen. AB15 8QH
Tel: +44 (0) 1224 318611               Email: address@hidden