Re: Benchmarks: Graphics vs. batch, Linux vs. Windows

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Benchmarks: Graphics vs. batch, Linux vs. Windows
Date: 10 May 1999 14:08:57 -0700

>>>>> "D3" == donalson  <address@hidden> writes:

D3> I have been trying to find a way in Windows to get the system time
D3> (not swarm time) at the beginning and end of a run so that I can
D3> subtract them to get "real" elapsed time.

$ time program

Should do it...where "program" is your simulation.

`time' will report real time on both NT and Windows 98.  NT will also
report user (scheduled time for the simulation itself) and system
time spent in the system on behalf the the simulation (e.g. I/O).