object removal from list causing core dump

From: Geoffrey Schultz
Subject: object removal from list causing core dump
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 17:14:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm having a bit of problem with my simulation and was wondering
whether I'm committing a no-no.

I have a list that will contain a variable but small number of
objects.  If I set up the following code bit, I get a seg fault and core
dump.  Is their something wrong with this:

index=[MyList begin: scratchZone];
while((anObject=[index next])){

// check certain properties of the object and
// if meets criteria:

  if(condition)
        [MyList remove: anObject];

}

does removing a member while in a "while" statement cause a problem with
indexing? The list initailly has only the single member (that is removed)
but at other times in the simulation may contain more than one member.

I can supply the complete backtrace, however the last line

says

-[ListIndex() at List_GEN.m: 295

(using ddd as debugger)

Thanks,