Re: LinuxPPC Install (cont); BLT 8.0; Redhat; .sigs!

From: L. Thomas Vest, Jr.
Subject: Re: LinuxPPC Install (cont); BLT 8.0; Redhat; .sigs!
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 19:15:08 -0800

Miles,

Long frustration with MKL, plus your mildly optimistic message prompted me
to switch  over to L-PPC. I do miss the startup-time dialog box, though. So
what's your secret for dealing with OF?

And how's life since Swarmfest? Doing anything new with the Long House
Valley? Alker hasn't contacted Josh yet re: obtaining the code, but I'm
guessing he'll get around to it some time in the next month or so.

See you around,

Tom

>As far as linux ppc installation itself goes, this was a little
>tedious, but went smoothly. (I'm running it on a PowerMac 8600/300)
>The hardest part was figuring out how to deal with Open Firmware;
>I'll be happy to provide hints for anyone who is having trouble with
>this. (I also managed to get the latest version of enlightenment
>compiled and running.)

L. Thomas Vest, Jr.
Conflict Early Warning Systems
& USC School of Int'l Relations