Re: Swarm documentation for 1.0.4

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Swarm documentation for 1.0.4
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 05:35:05 -0700

Laszlo Gulyas writes:

 > If I remember well, once there was an issue on swarm-support of having a
 > postscript (or at least in one printable) version of the docs. Is there
 > such a thing? I was not able to find it anyway...

Hey Laszlo,

If you go to the old swarm directory
(http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/old/old-swarm/), you'll find
a swarm-1.0.0-ps.tar.gz.  But, I made this by hand with html2ps.  We
still have the general problem of automatically generating postscript.
html2ps could be scripted to create a ps of the swarmdocs; but, page
ordering is still a problem.  A general solution is to use something
like SGML for the base document and then generate html, ps, and text,
from that.  But, we simply haven't done it, yet.

Now that we have a full 3 ftes on the project, my guess is that
you'll see this pretty soon.

glen