Re: emacs, xemacs, and OO-browser

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: emacs, xemacs, and OO-browser
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:45:54 -0400

Thanks for the report about OO browsing with emacs. Glad to hear it
works! One question - what does it do with the idiosyncratic object
framework of the Swarm kernel code? Ie: how well does it handle
browsing the collections library?

>xemacs is supposed to mimic all emacs functions (there's some debate
>about how well). But, the big difference is that xemacs comes with
>more installed packages.

xemacs is pretty cool. I shy away from it myself - it's really kind of
a mess in some ways. (They made a real hash out of my HTML mode, it
looks like). But then it does have lots of neat stuff in it, too.