problem with scheduler --- it's getting worst

From: Benoit Desrosiers
Subject: problem with scheduler --- it's getting worst
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 16:00:59 -0400

Hi again,

it's getting worst. I've find out that I was scheduling the next
attack for my agent from  mouseTrapModel>>selectAttaquant at
getCurrentTime() +1. I think it is legal to think that it should work.
(should it?). Then I thought that maybe not, so I put a +10 and
then it really got worst. Remember that I let the mouseTrapModel put
an action in its  buildActions method and the actions from this serie
are working fine. But here is the catch: when one of these actions
(from the buidActions serie) fire up, then the actions scheduled at the
same time from the selectAttaquant are fireing up too. ?????

So I tried to put an action at every iteration by puting +1 in the
mouseTrap>>attack method, and then the action from the selectAttaquant
are all fireing up. But this is not what I want.

I was wondering, is it legal for the owner of a schedule to put action on
this schedule. This is a stupid question since the model do that in the
scheduleTriggerAt method (and if it wasn't the owner who could change one
of its variable than who could (stupid of me...))

So, back to square one, what is the problem with the scheduler.

Hope it's not getting to complicated and that I'm clear in my description.

thanks,
Benoit