Re: BLT on Linux

From: Paul Black
Subject: Re: BLT on Linux
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 14:56:59 +1100 (EST)

> I have installed swarm on Redhat Linux (4.0) and I have got everything
> working except the contents of graph windows does not appear.
>
> I installed Tk4.1 and Tcl7.5 then BLt2.1.  To get Tcl and Tk to
> install I had to apply patches to the versions supplied in swarm's
> required-software.
>
> I also got swarm to compile Ok, however when I compiled the demonstration
> mousetraps program, I found I had to include -ldl in Makefile.conf
>  SYSLIBS.
>
> I have been getting errors like the following, could anyone suggest what
> might be happening?
>
> Thanks for any assistance,
>
> Matt

I had this problem with redhat, you have to update the lib BLT link in
/usr/lib. By default Redhat has an older version of the library and when
you install the newer version the symbolic link does not get updated.
Untill I worked this out I had exactly the same problems you are
reporting.

Cheers...  Paul