defobj

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: defobj
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 97 11:41:45 EST

Dear gang,
    I sent a couple messages to swarm-support yesterday, and none came
through...
We'll see if the list is working today.

    raiseEvent quit working for me, somewhere along the way.  I finally, after
much gnashing of teeth, added a reset in Symbol.m, resetting _obj_xerror to
stderr, which apparently, somehow, got reset to something else.  Symptom:
instead of getting a normally formatted error message, I got simply
"IOT trap (core dumped)", which I think is simply the output of "abort()". All
the fprintf(_obj_xerror, blah) statements preceding "abort()" did nothing.

Ciao,
    Ginger