file name case

From: Douglas Orr
Subject: file name case
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 16:25:48 -0700

Hi All,

I've been perking along, compiling things for NT.  It's mostly working, but
there have been a variety of goofy compilation problems.  Looking a little
more closely at the tar file answered my question: To get things to
compile, I'll need to have the file names to be, effectively, case
insensitive.

There are a number of  activity.h/Activity.h, swarmobject.h/SwarmObject.h
pairs of things that aren't going to work out well for me.  If they're in
the same directory, I don't even get past the untar before I'm lost.  And,
I'd really rather change the names at the source, rather than having to
have NT-specific procedures to deal with the difference.

(NT lets you used mixed case in file names, but in truth, it's just
kidding.  File name comparisons are case insensitive...  Hold your nose and
drink the kool-aid.  It only hurts for a second.)

There's an NT release of tk/tcl that only has one tk.h/Tk.h file, but I
assume they have dealt with this problem already.

So, does that seem reasonable?

        -Doug