Re: Swarm Installation report (Linux-FT)

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Swarm Installation report (Linux-FT)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 14:04:26 -0600

At 09:06 AM 1/8/97 +0000, Barry McMullin wrote:
>At 16:15 07/01/97 -0600, "Sven N. Thommesen" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>[...]
>>One little nit: on my system (RedHat linux), ldd does not take a -p switch,
>>but ldconfig does ...
>
>Oops - typo on my part, it should have been ldconfig even on FT also...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Barry.

With the help of Barry's report, I was finally able to get my Swarm app to
link tcl, tk, and BLT dynamically! The size of my executable dropped from
6M to 2.5M -- definitely worth the effort. (I also in the process upgraded
myself to tcl7.5 and tk4.1, with libtclobjc-1.1b6, with success.)

Thanks, Barry!

--Sven