Re: bug report

From: Manor Askenazi
Subject: Re: bug report
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 13:02:59 MDT

> Usually (though not always) I get an error message under the following
> conditions.  If I open a window to look at parameters (for the
> HeatbugModelSwarm or HeatbugObserverSwarm), and then quit that
> window, then when I click on "go" to run the program, I get an error
> message repeated over and over until I quit the program altogether.

The reason this is occuring is because I am not properly trapping the
destruction of a window via the window-manager... In fact I should
catch the fact that you are trying to delete the window in this fashion
(the button thingy on the window-label at the top-left corner of your
window). I'll deal with this at some point...

However, the easy solution to your problem is that when you want to
dismiss a window, simply use the red-button on the lowest class in the
hierarchy -> this will delete the window in a "legal way" which will
avoid the bug you are seeing. Admittedly this is a pain if you are all
the way up in, say, CreateDrop and you have to go back down to HeatBug
just in order to destroy the window... But for the time being this will
eliminate the problem you have :-)

Hope this helps,

Manor.