More help?!

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: More help?!
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 1996 00:47:34 -0700

Hi Guys,

   After Manors jump start for me I have done some homework on
how I can implemint my asynchronous time step sim including removing events
not yet executed.  To create an action in a fine grain time line
(stealing liberly for mousetrap2) I would do the following:

Say I have a prey birth event occuring at time 47831.529582

id myBirthEvent;

  subgroup = [mySchedule insertGroup: (id)( 47831 )];
  myBirthEvent=[subgroup at: (529582)
               createActionTo: aPrey message: M( giveBirth )];

How am I doing so far?

Now suppose that my prey has the unforunate luck of encountering
a predator at some time prior to 47831.529582.  Obviously, the blessed
event will not happen and I will need to remove the event.  I saw the
reference to the "remove message" in the documentation but I could not
find where it is implemented.

Could you point me to the area where it is located or perhaps one of your
fine code examples?  Are there any special tricks because this is a subgroup?

Cheers,

   Doug Donalson