PhD-Thesis

From: Claudia Pahl
Subject: PhD-Thesis
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 15:45:59 +0200

To anyone interested in a PhD thesis in Switzerland

Currently I am looking for a person interested in starting a PhD thesis
about October or November this year.

Subject: Modelling of ecological networks with SWARM

The emphasis of current modelling efforts are on questions of adaptability,
the influence of stress on ecosystems, the integration of levels of
organization.

Location: The Swiss Federal Institute of Environmental Science and
Technology (EAWAG), Duebendorf and The Swiss Federal Institute of Science
and Technology (ETH), Zuerich.

The ideal candidate would have experience in object oriented programming,
and the modelling of ecological (complex) systems. He/she should be
interested to contribute with his/her work to the solution of environmental
problems. The project will take place in an interdisciplinary environment
in exchange with biologists, physicists, engineers and social scientists.

Anyone interested should contact me for further information

Claudia Pahl-Wostl

Claudia Pahl-Wostl                                  e-mail: address@hidden
EAWAG, Switzerland                                  phone:    +41-1-823-5542
Environmental Physics                               fax:      +41-1-823-5210