Re: bltGrAxis.c problem

From: Manor Askenazi
Subject: Re: bltGrAxis.c problem
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 96 21:19:49 MST

   * bltGrAxis.c:1724:                                   *
   *   LayoutAxis:                                       *
   *     Assertion `labels <=axisPtr->numLabels' failed. *

Hi Paul,

Don't worry! We've seen this problem before.

Nelson would know the exact details but since he isn't here
I'll tell you what I remember about the problem.

The problem you are facing (I seem to recall) has to do with the fact that
gcc generates screwy code when compiling the file called bltGrAxis.c if it
is given the -O flag.

So, I think what you need to is to remake the BLT library except that
before making it, you should manually compile bltGrAxis.c (i.e. type
gcc -o bltGrAxis.o bltGrAxis.c). Either that or remove the -O flag
from the Makefile in blt/src.

Regards,

Manor.