swarm-modeling

SwarmFest session on publication

From: M Lang / S Railsback
Subject: SwarmFest session on publication
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 09:46:35 -0700

Hi modelers-

For SwarmFest, I would like to put together some sort of session (most
likely, a panel discussion) on the issue of publishing agent-based
research. I would like to focus on identifying the challenges of
publishing research based on agent simulation, and ways that people have
found to overcome these challenges. Issues could include both how to
design your research so it is more publishable, and how to manage the
publication process to improve your odds of success.

Please let me know of your relevant experience, even (especially!) if it
is limited to reasons why you have avoided or not yet succeeded at
publishing your work. Even if you can't attend SwarmFest I'd like to
hear your experience.

I would also like to invite one or two editors of mainstream journals in
fields we work in (economics, sociology, ecology, ...) to get their
perspectives. These should be people who have managed the review process
for at least a few agent-based papers, for journals where this kind of
work is still unconventional. If you have an ideas who we could get,
please let me know.

Thanks

Steve Railsback
--