swarm-hackers

Re: [swarm-hackers] GNU sed

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] GNU sed
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:23:35 -0800

Thanks Bill, I tried out your code and it works great.  Fails when GNU sed is not available and finds it in the PATH when it is.

I'm not getting any errors when I build in Xcode for OpenStep Swarm, so it must be something with the tcl/tk/blt build on Mac.  I've never tried to do your build on Mac.

For OpenStep Swarm, the basic steps to build are:

./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-openstep --without-jdkdir
Open SwarmOSX project in Xcode and build.

My guess is that the error is coming from the re-organization of the header files.  When header files are installed, they are all put under a single "Swarm" directory.  This requires references in those header files to be changed.

For example, look at Array.h, you will see the lines

#import <Swarm/Collection.h>
#import <Swarm/defobj.h> // Serialization

So to build swarm in the source directories, the makefiles add symbolic links into the various directories.

Maybe add a "make swarm-link" into your build process, if the symbolic links are being created?  Or maybe you need some additional include paths?

Can you send a detailed error log, like the compile line that fails

Scott