swarm-hackers

Re: [swarm-hackers] forwarding test

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] forwarding test
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 08:04:55 +1000

On 22/05/2008, at 5:59 AM, Scott Christley wrote:
I'm building stock Swarm from CVS on Fedora 8 and the forwarding test fails. I just got around to checking out why, it is failing when returning a double. My first thought is that builtin_apply is buggy because the value is coming back correctly in the return buffer, though configure seems to think that builtin_apply is fine. This is the GCC version:

gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20070925 (Red Hat 4.1.2-33)

I notice that FCall.m has checks for specific compiler versions. Anybody get the forwarding tests to work with the GCC 4.X?

They worked for me on Tiger with 4.0.1.

Bill