swarm-hackers

Re: [swarm-hackers] Infrastructure for GSoC projects

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Infrastructure for GSoC projects
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:12:07 -0600

Alex Lancaster wrote:
Alternatively migrating everything to a new service would be OK too,
but we should migrate everything lock stock & barrel rather than
having bits scatttered over several different services (swarm.org,
savannah.nongnu.org, code.google.com)...
But it's already in pieces. UMich host the public website and main mailing lists. CVS and swarm-hackers are at the FSF. I don't see a particular advantage in having one site do everything. It's better to have more people involved than less. No single point of failure that way. Actually it might be good to start mirroring the CVS in Mercurial or SVN or something just for that reason.