summer-of-code

Re: [IMPORTANT] slots assigned

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] slots assigned
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:16:17 +0200

Hi everyone and especially the "org admins",

we've (= LilyPond) have taken this into account and are in the process
of sorting things out between us. However, there's one thing I'd like to
say.

GNU's got 18 out of 25 requested slots, which makes a ratio of ~ 3/4,
which in turn would make it arithmetically more precise to have 3 out of
4 requested slots for LilyPond (instead of only 2).

We decided not to question your decision, as this slot assignment has
surely been a challenge. However, there's one thing: starting with this
year project can't return slots to the pool, so if a project can't take
all assigned slots they'd be void. So if any of the other GNU projects
should have issues using up their slots (for example through applicants
that end up working for another project) we'd be more than ready to take
over our third slot.

Best
Urs