summer-of-code

Re: [IMPORTANT][DEADLINE] number of slots

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT][DEADLINE] number of slots
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 20:20:14 +0200

Hello,

what is the criteria to ask for an optional or mandatory slot (if the
mandatory are the minimal numbers and the optionals are the difference
max-min. LibertyEiffel for example really wants to have 2 slots, but we
have given 1 as minimum and 2 as maximum, to be fair to the other
projects under the GNU umbrella in case not all optional slots are
granted, by allowing a prioritization.

But when I see others requesting 4:4 slots, I get the feeling that we
don't have all the same assumptions on what the idea behind the optional
slots are. So please clarify this, otherwise I'd also like to request
minimum 2 maximum 2 slots for LibertyEiffel.

Kind regards,
Rapha