summer-of-code

SoC09 Idea: Scripting for Screen

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: SoC09 Idea: Scripting for Screen
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:51:06 -0500

Hi. Following is a project idea for Google Summer of Code 2009 for the
GNU Screen project. I can be a mentor for this, and Micah Cowan
(address@hidden) has agreed to be a backup mentor.

===
<h4 id='screen-script'>Embed scripting support for GNU Screen</h4>

However, with the wide array of tasks that it is used for, some
scripting support will help users to use screen in a much more
effective and efficient manner.</p>

href="http://repo.or.cz/w/screen-lua.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/lua-scripting";>
proof-of-concept</a> implementation for scripting support has been
done. We are looking for interested students to complete this task.
The student will need to design the interface between screen and the
scripting module(s), and implement at least one module for a
scripting language of the student's choice (e.g. guile, lua, python,
perl etc.).</p>

interesting ideas for GNU Screen in the
===

Thanks,