[STUMP] How to include Slack Notification into mode line

From: York Zhao
Subject: [STUMP] How to include Slack Notification into mode line
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 15:26:15 -0400

Hi list,

I'm using Linux Mint 17.3 at home, and 18.3 at work. I'm trying to use StumpWM. However, since we use Slack at work, I have to be able to get notified whenever new slack messages arrive. Without this ability, StumpWM would be useless for me. I've tried to run `gnome-panel' but all I got was a black band at the top of the screen showing nothing. Is it possible to have this notification in mode line?

Thanks in advance,