Re: [STUMP] Creating a FreeBSD StumpWM package

From: Joseph Mingrone
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Creating a FreeBSD StumpWM package
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 14:42:56 -0300

Javier Olaechea <address@hidden> writes:
> If the goal is to get something one can invoke from the shell or xinitrc, I
> use cl-launch[0] plus the following script. You would have have to place
> StumpWM sources somewhere where ASDF can find them and and copy the
> following script (maybe change the Q arg to +Q so that it doesn't try to
> fetch StumpWM from quicklisp).

> ```stumpwm-loader
> #!/usr/bin/cl -Q -sp stumpwm -E main

> (defun main (argv)
>   (if argv
>       (stumpwm (elt argv 0))
>       (stumpwm)))
> ```

> [0]: http://cliki.net/cl-launch

Hello Javier,

I like the idea of not bundling SBCL and Stump into a large executable.
A small package makes sense when the packaging tools ensure the
dependencies are installed properly.  cl-launch looks useful and I may
revisit it at some point, but since Stump is now restricted to SBCL, I
ended up using a simple shell script.

stumpwm
---
#/bin/sh

sbcl --no-sysinit --no-userinit --load %%PREFIX%%share/stumpwm/load.lisp
---

share/stumpwm/load.lisp
---
(in-package :cl-user)