Re: [STUMP] Dim inactive monitor in dual head configuration

From: Joseph Mingrone
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Dim inactive monitor in dual head configuration
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 13:33:41 -0300

David Bjergaard <address@hidden> writes:
> You could also change the window border width and color to be something more
> bright.  It defaults to white.  This might help make things more visible.

That works for me.

(setf *colors* (append *colors* (list "Orange2" "Gray52")))
(setf *normal-border-width* 5)

(update-color-map (current-screen))
(set-focus-color "Orange2")

The advantage I see is that I often want to see what's going on in the unfocused
window(s).  Maybe your dimming isn't so dark though?

[1] I think that's all the applicable code.  I can't restart to test ATM and I
don't have the luxury of hacking in real time due to an OS-specific bug/crash in
either SBCL or StumpWM, triggered when swank is started.