Re: [STUMP] Stump, Emacs and X selection.

From: Dimitri Minaev
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stump, Emacs and X selection.
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 16:32:50 +0400

On 05/20/2016 12:23 AM, Milan Zamazal wrote:

     DM> I'm not yet sure if the same can be done using org-protocol.
     DM> Thunderbird does support it, but Okular, from what I can tell,
     DM> does not.

But Stumpwm could use org-protocol to pass the selection to Emacs,
couldn't it?  It might be better than sending keyboard events.

Milan,

Thanks for the idea. I've skimmed through a couple of articles about org-mode but I don't quite get the idea behind it. The Emacs side is relatively clear (as it usually is with everything made in Lisp :), but I don't understand how the app side is supposed to work, except for the obvious cases, like web browsers. Is it possible to trigger org-protocol requests from Okular, LibreOffice, xterm or another arbitrary application, like CoolReader?