Re: [STUMP] 'Virtual screens' or vertical tiling of groups?

From: Piotr Klibert
Subject: Re: [STUMP] 'Virtual screens' or vertical tiling of groups?
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 16:29:06 +0100

Hi,

I once tried to hack something like this, but stopped midway -
displaying such desktops/groups grid in the mode-line was a bit too
much for me. I came up with a different idea. As I'm used to 3x3
virtual desktop setups, I did something like this. I created 9 groups
and then bound `C-M-left/right` to normal gnext/gprev, but then bound
`C-M-up/down` to skip by three positions forward or backward. There
was a bit of additional code for `C-M-up/down` to detect edges and so
on, and of course all the groups were displayed linearly on the
mode-line, but this way I've got my 3x3 setup back. I since abandoned
this script for some reason, I can try to find it if you want.

On the other hand, last week I finally started learning Xlib, so maybe
I'll get back to implementing the "pager" I miss so much from
Enlightenment, KDE and XFCE.

Best regards,
Piotr Klibert