Re: [STUMP] stumpwm and gnome-panel on Ubuntu 14.10

From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: Re: [STUMP] stumpwm and gnome-panel on Ubuntu 14.10
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:31:19 -0700

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:48 AM, David Bjergaard <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Shakthi,
> #1 When opening gnome-terminal in a frame, it occupies only 1/3 of the
> frame, in the middle, and there is white space above and below the
> terminal. How to fix that?
You may be referring to behavior outlined here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01401.html

It doesn't look like it was ever fixed.

On this specific question Shakthi is talking about gnome-terminal, while David's link is referring to gnome-panel, so I'm guessing that's it's not the same issue.

It might be a GTK client side decorations issue, since I have seen those with some themes/apps leave large areas of the frame unused.

Scott