Re: [STUMP] What are the Common Lisp implementations which StumpWM suppo

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: Re: [STUMP] What are the Common Lisp implementations which StumpWM supports?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:22:33 -0200

> On 15 January 2015 at 01:07, Diogo F. S. Ramos <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I couldn't find a list of the supported Common Lisp implementations.  Is
>> there one?
>
> Probably not an accurate one.  The README states "sbcl, clisp, ccl and
> ecl".  Makefile.in is likely a good list of those that people have
> made it support in the past (although it's worth noting that "getting
> it running" and "building an executable image" aren't exactly the same
> problem - I've had it sort of running under abcl in the past).

Oh, thank you.  Shame on me, I missed that README part.

> wrappers.lisp contains a load of junk[0] which I believe was
> originally copied verbatim from elsewhere.  It should really be done
> away with and replaced with compatibility libraries from quicklisp.

I hope StumpWM does not start depending on Quicklisp.  I run it using
only Debian, even though README lists cl-xembed as a dependency and
Debian does not have it in its repository.

> Of course a major factor is which lisps currently have a working clx.
> I believe the clx that most people use is currently under stewardship
> of the sharplispers; they may have a list of implementations they aim
> to support.

Looking at <https://github.com/sharplispers/clx>, it seems they aim to
support SBCL.