Re: [STUMP] Making StumpWM more modular

From: Quentin Stievenart
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Making StumpWM more modular
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:55:06 +0200

I think that this is generally a good idea. Splitting up stumpwm
architecture in multiple, smaller packages that are still part of
stumpwm is certainly a good idea.

However, I see a minor problem when splitting packages into a
different projects (as for the keysyms): we should be careful that it
won't create compatibility problems if ever the library interface is
changed and stumpwm's source is not updated fast enough.

I guess that keeping stumpwm related libraries under the stumpwm
organization is the way to go to avoid this. Having a buildbot (or
travis-ci) being run on every commit of stumpwm and it's libraries
could also help.