Re: [STUMP] New Manual hosted on stumpwm.github.io

From: Joram Schrijver
Subject: Re: [STUMP] New Manual hosted on stumpwm.github.io
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 19:52:18 +0200

Hi,

I took a look at the mobile styling, and you can easily improve it by doing two things:
The first is adding `<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1">` to the <head> of every page. That should get the initial zoom level right. Then you can, on the body, use `max-width: ...` instead of `width: ...` to make the pages a proper width on every device.

The only real problem then left is the fact that every menu, or set of links, is a table. That makes a couple of things look a bit bad on smaller screens, but nothing too horrible. (The biggest issue is that part of the `[<][>]...` menu looks weird because the '[' and ']' are sometimes on different lines than the link.)

Overall this is a great improvement over the previous non-styling. The smaller width improves readability by a lot, though as Mehul said it does leave a lot of white space. There are always details on which we're going to disagree (I'd pick a different font, like Charter[1]) but overall this is a wonderful improvement.

[1]: http://practicaltypography.com/charter.html

--
Joram