Re: [STUMP] Super key doesn't work

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Super key doesn't work
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 19:18:43 -0500

Hi Tyler,

Here's my thoughts (some pedagogical, I apologize if they're old news to
you.)
Tyler Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've just installed StumpWM from git hub, following the instructions
> on the website. I'm using SBCL (installed from the Debian repos) as my
> lisp, with the extra libraries installed via quicklisp as
> recommended. Despite having followed the trouble-shooting instructions
> in Stumpwm.info, I still can't get Super to work in my keybindings.
>
> I have the following in my .stumprc:
>
> (in-package :stumpwm)
> (run-shell-command "xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap")
> (set-prefix-key (kbd "M-j"))
As far as StumpWM is concerned, it doesn't matter what keycodes are
mapped to what physical keys, your prefix key is <Alt>-j
(alt-lower-case-j).  (I'm sure you know this, but I just want to make it
clear.)

> (define-key *root-map* (kbd "[") "exec emacsclient -c -n
> --alternate-editor=''")
> (define-key *root-map* (kbd "]") "exec conkeror")
The root map requires the prefix, so to get emacsclient you have to type
"Alt-j-[".

> (define-key *top-map* (kbd "S-TAB") "fnext")
You want (kbd "s-TAB"), "S-TAB" corresponds to shift.
Here's the output of those two calls in my version of stumpwm:
STUMPWM> (kbd "S-TAB")
#S(KEY
   :KEYSYM 65289
   :SHIFT T
   :CONTROL NIL
   :META NIL
   :ALT NIL
   :HYPER NIL
   :SUPER NIL)
STUMPWM> (kbd "s-TAB")
#S(KEY
   :KEYSYM 65289
   :SHIFT NIL
   :CONTROL NIL
   :META NIL
   :ALT NIL
   :HYPER NIL
   :SUPER T)
As you can see the key object expects Shift in the former and Super in
the latter cases.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

    Dave