Re: [STUMP] Multitouch in StumpWM

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Multitouch in StumpWM
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 14:34:54 -0800

Hi Alex,

Are you talking about this:

http://who-t.blogspot.ca/2011/12/multitouch-in-x-getting-events.html

If so then what you need to do is implement the X Input 2.2 extension
in CLX. It might not actually be all that hard. Hell, maybe someone
has already done it?

The X protocol is just bits and bytes sent over a socket. So anything
can implement the protocol and be an X client. That's what CLX does.
It implements the protocol from the ground up in Lisp. For better or
worse that means you can't just piggyback off all the work done in C
and write a little FFI code to get access to the functionality.

Anyway, if you have the time and energy it might be a lot of fun to
implement XInput in CLX. You'd probably get a warm round of applause
from the lisp community.

-Shawn