Re: [STUMP] dbus examples?

From: Evan
Subject: Re: [STUMP] dbus examples?
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 15:59:16 -0600

I would probably start by checking out this project[1]. I think that will have everything you need or probably almost everything you need.

Regards,

[1] https://github.com/lucashpandolfo/upower

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey there,

I'm trying to get the simplest of IM notifications in the mode-line. I
use Pidgin, which has very complete Dbus exposure[1], and then there's a
dbus library[2] for CL, and then...

Does anyone have the faintest idea how to use that library? Here's a
(sadly unanswered) google groups post[3] by a fellow named Tobias who
bravely sussed out some of the basics, but he's not doing what I'm
trying to do, and his examples don't work on my setup anyway.

All I'm trying to do is make a dark smudge on my mode-line any time
Pidgin sends a "received-im-msg" message. Does anyone have any pointers
as to how to use the dbus library?

Thanks!
Eric

[1] https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/DbusHowto