Re: [STUMP] How to re-sort frames

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: Re: [STUMP] How to re-sort frames
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:10:27 -0400

Never mind.  I discovered the "renumber" command.

cheers,

      mehul

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Mehul Sanghvi <address@hidden> wrote:

I use a single group with multiple frames.  Each frame is assigned a number and if I do << Prefix-" >>, I get a list of the frames that are available.  How do I change the order of the frames ?

I am used to having certain frames, like emacs and chromium and icedove, located at certain numbers.  <<prefix-2> will switch to emacs, <<prefix-3>> will switch to chromium.  If I connect an external monitor, and use my laptop screen as wel,  then when I change back to just the laptop screen again, I have to do a restart-soft in order to get the mode-line back.  Doing the restart-soft changes the order of the frames within the group though.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions ?

cheers,

     mehul

--