Re: [STUMP] Is there a way to show an icon on mode line ?

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Is there a way to show an icon on mode line ?
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:17:40 +0000

Hi all,

It is possible to use trayer, a simple system tray, as a modeline, by
putting the following in your .stumpwmrc:

(run-shell-command "/usr/bin/trayer --SetDockType true --transparent true
--alpha 0 --edge top --align right --expand true --widthtype request --tint
0xf0f8ff")

(define-key *root-map* (kbd "j") "mode-line")

(run-shell-command "stumpish mode-line")

For some reason you have to call mode-line from within stumpish. If you
do it in .stumpwmrc, you get the standard mode-line. I have included the
options I use for trayer. You may wish to do something different.

Regards,

Bernard

    >> == Auszüge aus der Nachricht von Kelvin Hu vom 2012-11-28 04:17:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I use stumpwm, and I like it very much. But it seems that the
    >> mode line could only show text, I want to show my dropbox icon on
    >> mode line, is there a way to implement this?
    Ruthard> The modeline is text-only, as icons have no meaning for
    Ruthard> rodent-haters as stumpwm parents. There is a project,
    Ruthard> awesome-modeline, that aims to support the use of mouse and
    Ruthard> icons, but I don't know if it's usable by now.

    Ruthard> Regards,

    Ruthard> Ruthard

Your fortune cookie for today:

The essential ideas of Algol 68 were that the whole language should be
precisely defined and that all the pieces should fit together smoothly.
The basic idea behind Pascal was that it didn't matter how vague the
language specification was (it took *years* to clarify) or how many rough
edges there were, as long as the CDC Pascal compiler was fast.
                -- Richard A. O'Keefe

** Fortune cookies are brought to you by GNU/Linux "fortunes" **