Re: [STUMP] window/frame model

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] window/frame model
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 10:50:06 +0400

<address@hidden>)

>Interesting… That's good to know, though my problem here is with
>targeting the correct frame and window, not with sending the keypress.
>I'll muddle with it a bit more.

Could you specify more precisely what you do want? You could just
iterate over all the windows and choose based on window title/window
class/window role. Then bring the window to front and send whatever
events you want.

Or you could use my window-tags contrib module, tag the window once and
simply bring it up by tag - if every tag is only used once filtering
problem is non-existent.

Or if you don't want to use either window tags or manual iteration, you
can get my wse.lisp contrib-candidate module
http://mtn-host.prjek.net/viewmtn/stumpwm-tagging/branch/changes/com.ignorelist.401a0bf1.raskin.stumpwm-config
(browse files and get wse.lisp). The code will look like

(act-on-matching-windows
  (w :screen)
  (and
    (or
      (titled-p w "Precise Title")
      (title-re-p w "Title re[gu]{2}lar expression")
      )
    (classed-p w "Window class")
    (in-current-group-p w)
    )
  ; Bring the w window where you wish (probably, focus-window and
  ; really-raise-window could be used) and send it events
  )