[STUMP] trouble installing from source on Slackware

From: tim.beech
Subject: [STUMP] trouble installing from source on Slackware
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 20:36:01 -0300 (BRT)

I've been a ratpoison user for some time, also xmonad, and was keen to
try stumpwm when i heard about it.

I'm running Salix, a Slackware derivative.

I installed both sbcl and clisp, with quicklisp to install clx and
ppcre. Then:

autoconf
./configure --with-lisp = clisp | sbcl # first one way then the other
make

and I get the follwoing errors:

/usr/bin/clisp -K full -on-error exit ./make-image.lisp
/usr/bin/clisp: /usr/lib/clisp-2.49/full/lisp.run: No such file or
directory
make: *** [stumpwm] Error 1

OR

/usr/bin/sbcl --load ./make-image.lisp
fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 21422(tid 3085047488):
can't find core file at /usr/local/lib/sbcl//sbcl.core

make: *** [stumpwm] Error 1

Regarding the sbcl attempt, I note that there is foo/bar/base/lisp.run,
but not full/lisp.run.

Regarding clisp, Slackware doesn't put such things in /usr/local. I
tried correcting this assumption with a symlink, but in any case, that
double slash is puzzling.

I should say I tried this with the "latest" version, and also using git
to clone current. The behaviour was exactly the same.

Grateful for any suggestions!