Re: [STUMP] removing all keybindings from .stumpwmrc

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] removing all keybindings from .stumpwmrc
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:15:05 -0500

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Burton Samograd
<address@hidden> wrote:
> "Josh Elsasser" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 01:34:09PM -0700, Burton Samograd wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to remove all keybindings from *root-map*?
>>>
>>> I want to clear the *root-map* and then define new bindings.
>>
>> My .stumpwmrc is mostly confusing and useless crap, but I think it
>> does something similar to what you want to do:
>>
>> http://www.elsasser.org/misc/.stumpwmrc
>
> From what it looks like from your stumpwmrc, the following *should*
> work (from the very top of my .stumpwmrc):
>
>    (setf *root-map* (make-sparse-keymap))
>    (sync-keys)
>
> but in my case it does not seem to remove the bindings.  I highly doubt
> this, but is *root-map* created and bound after .stumpwmrc is loaded?

Many root level bindings that you expected to be cleared are stored in
the *tile-group-root-map* and *group-root-map*. Those have to be
cleared too. When you hit the prefix key stumpwm looks up the next
keystroke in *root-map* and if no match is found then it checks
*group-root-map* and if no match is found it looks in
*tile-group-root-map* IF you're in a tiling group. It checks
*float-group-root-map* if you're in a float group. Kind of
complicated.

-Shawn