Re: [STUMP] Contrib

From: Krzysztof Drewniak
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Contrib
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:19:53 -0600

On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 17:33 +0000, Ben Spencer wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm starting to wonder what the point of the contrib dir in stumpwm
> actually is.  What is the advantage to having this stuff bundled
> alongside stumpwm?
The way I see it, the point of contrib modules is to provide
functionality that should have some place in StumpWM but isn't
applicable to everyone. For example, not everyone has a WiFi card, but
the wifi module is probably useful for those that do.

Integrating the contrib modules into the main distribution would lead to
bloat, and having them in a separate repository would create extra
hassle for people who want some one additional feature that happens to
be in contrib.

--
pgp key on keyserver.ubuntu.com 2388E924