Re: [STUMP] improvements of floating-group

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: [STUMP] improvements of floating-group
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:23:57 +0100

Ben Spencer <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Manuel,

Hi Ben,

> I've had a look through your patches.  Comments below.  I've also
> rebased them against the current master at
> https://github.com/dangerousben/stumpwm/tree/float, which you may find
> useful because there were some conflicts.

Ok thanks. I'm using it right now.

> Saner default for floating policy in floating-group.
>
> I agree that having click-to-focus by default in float groups makes
> sense, but it seems non-intuitive to do this when *mouse-focus-policy*
> is :ignore.  Perhaps we should allowing configuring the focus policy
> on a per-group-type basis, and default it to :click for float groups.

I have used (unless :sloppy) instead of (when :click) because :ignore is
the default mouse focus policy and the click policy is a good default
for floating-group. Regarding *mouse-focus-policy* on per-group-type
basis, that'd be cool but is the per-group-type machinery already here
or someone have to implement it ?

> Focus/unfocus colors already exist. Use them in float-group instead of
> hardcoded colors.
>
> Not sure about this, partly because I have both colours set to black,
> and a black background, so the window borders become invisible :(

:) You can still count pixels.

> Perhaps another thing that would benefit from being configurable
> per-group-type (ideally I'd like some kind of mechanism that would let
> the user choose a global default and then optionally override it for
> different group types).

Don't know. I initially removed it to remove those ugly hardcoded values
but adding more knob to stumpwm is not IMO the way to go. (in fact,
maybe we should stick to hardcoded colors here)

--
Manuel Giraud